A big congratulations is in order to faculty member Kyle Feldman and his wife Olivia who welcomed a daughter into the world. We are happy for you both and will hold a slot in the 2042 residency class for her!!
The annual Running Medicine conference will be held in Charlottesville, VA March 13-14, 2020. Click here for more information and to register.
SAVE THE DATE!
“Direct Access and Medical Screening: The Sherlock Holmes Approach”
(with an emphasis on low back pain)
Speaker: William Boissonnault PT, DPT, DHSc, FAAOMPT, FAPTA
When: February 28th 2020 11:00 am-5:00 pm
5.5 CEUs will be awarded for attendance
Where: Scholar Plaza, Leesburg, VA and simulcast to the Health Professions Building, Winchester, VA.
Upon completion of the session the student/participant will be able to:
- compare and contrast the therapist’s role and responsibilities to that of physicians associated with the differential diagnosis/medical screening process.
- integrate the medical screening principles into an efficient and effective patient examination scheme.
- evaluate history and physical examination findings (red flags), and decide whether communication with a physician is warranted regarding a patient’s health status, and indications for imaging.
- employ strategies to facilitate professional communication between therapist and physician and therapist and patient; including when, how and what to communicate as part of a patient referral.
- describe the risk factors, pathogenesis and clinical manifestations of selected medical conditions – causes of back pain.
- effectively pursue additional information associated with differential diagnosis by the therapist.
Cost: Alumni and Clinical Education Partners: $75
All others: $100
(Proceeds will support the Foundation for Physical Therapy’s Marquette Challenge)
Registration: More info to follow!
For additional information, contact Jill Boissonnault @ email@example.com
Applications for the VOMPTI Orthopedic Residency Program are now being accepted for the 2020-2021 year. Click here to apply
Dhinu Jayaseelan has been named an associate editor of the Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy. He joins Stanley Paris, Chad Cook, Tim Flynn and many other highly regarded PT’s. Congratulations Dhinu!!
Are you a Physical Therapist who is interested in working in an evidence based clinic where the therapists are focused on superior care for the patients and clinical and profession growth?
InMotion Physical Therapy of Richmond Virginia has an opening for a
Physical Therapist that is interested in joining a growing, Physical Therapist
owned, outpatient orthopedic practice focused on quality evidence based patient
care and a positive experience for the Patients and Therapists.
InMotion Physical Therapy offers physical therapists the opportunity to work in an outpatient orthopedic physical therapy clinic with a manual therapy focus and a diverse caseload and payer mix. We offer a competitive salary structure with benefits including: Health, vision, and dental insurance; Short-term/Long-term disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; Continuing Education allowance; and paid time off. Experienced Therapists and New graduates are encouraged to apply as professional and clinical mentoring is available.
If interested please send your Resume to Tom Bohanon At firstname.lastname@example.org .
Phoenix Physical Therapy is seeking to hire a Full Time Physical Therapist for the Goochland VA location and a PRN Physical Therapist for the Norfolk/Chesapeake locations. All of our central Virginia Phoenix clinics are currently staffed with previous VOMPTI graduates, residents and fellows and we seek to expand our teams with other like-minded PT’s to promote clinical excellence and a positive, patient centered clinic environment.
Pls contact Kristin Kelley at KKelley@phoenixrehab.com if you have interest in employment for one of these positions.
We have finalized many of the continuing education courses coming up for 2018. Check out the continuing education course calendar for more specifics. The calendar is continually being updated as dates and locations are finalized so check back.
Click here to sign up for our email list. You will receive our bi yearly newsletter as well as continuing education course announcments.