SAVE THE DATE!
“Direct Access and Medical Screening: The Sherlock Holmes Approach”
(with an emphasis on low back pain)
Speaker: William Boissonnault PT, DPT, DHSc, FAAOMPT, FAPTA
When: February 28th 2020 11:00 am-5:00 pm
5.5 CEUs will be awarded for attendance
Where: Scholar Plaza, Leesburg, VA and simulcast to the Health Professions Building, Winchester, VA.
Upon completion of the session the student/participant will be able to:
- compare and contrast the therapist’s role and responsibilities to that of physicians associated with the differential diagnosis/medical screening process.
- integrate the medical screening principles into an efficient and effective patient examination scheme.
- evaluate history and physical examination findings (red flags), and decide whether communication with a physician is warranted regarding a patient’s health status, and indications for imaging.
- employ strategies to facilitate professional communication between therapist and physician and therapist and patient; including when, how and what to communicate as part of a patient referral.
- describe the risk factors, pathogenesis and clinical manifestations of selected medical conditions – causes of back pain.
- effectively pursue additional information associated with differential diagnosis by the therapist.
Cost: Alumni and Clinical Education Partners: $75
All others: $100
(Proceeds will support the Foundation for Physical Therapy’s Marquette Challenge)
Registration: More info to follow!
For additional information, contact Jill Boissonnault @ email@example.com