New Pain Ed whiteboard video geared toward pediatrics

Home Forums General Discussion Forum New Pain Ed whiteboard video geared toward pediatrics

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael McMurray
      Keymaster
      Nick Law
      Participant

Thanks for posting Eric. Always helpful to have more resources available. I worked saw two pediatric patients earlier this year several months status-post MVA and think that this would have been helpful to share (in addition to my own personal feeble efforts to explain central sensitization). I have also specifically remember a mom I was treating whose son was complaining of persistent stomach pain the year after his dad died; several GI and blood tests were being performed (all negative), medication administered which was semi-successful, but again this video would have been very helpful to share.

Nick Law
      Participant

The one aspect of the video that made me a little uneasy was when the question was posed, “What do we do with chronic pain,” and the answer was given, “forget about it.”

I completely resonate with the need to not perseverate on the pain experience, however I wonder how a patient with chronic pain would respond to being told quite directly, “forget about your pain.” Thoughts?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.