Podcasts

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Podcasts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael McMurray
      Keymaster

Physio Edge 050 Treating the TMJ and jaw pain with Dr Stephen Shaffer

Here is a link to Physio Edge (brought up by birthday boy Resetar) with some fantastic Podcasts to listen to by some top clinicians around the globe.

Always looking for some additional TMJ learning as we typically do not see very many patients throughout the year, and just post didactic versus present during the course series.

Feel free to listen and post discussion on this or others.

Also post other PT resources that you follow/think are valuable.

Justin Bittner
      Participant

Several blogs I follow in addition to the ones mentioned today are:

“Rayner and Smale”: If I had to pick one I have found the most valuable, it would be this one. Especially for a new clinician. A good blog that discusses current topics, rehab pearls and clinical reasoning. They do a good job of explaining topics using current literature to support their comments. Most recent blog post was on neurodynamics after taking a Michael Shacklock course. Definitely worth checking out.

“The Manual Therapist”: Erson Religioso usually posts interesting topics related to PT. Also, has has youtube videos with skills and manual interventions he has found useful. He really promotes his products like the edge tool, mobility bands, suspension trainer, and his courses he has created with Mike Reinold. But overall, worth looking at if you have time.

“The gait guys”: I haven’t read their stuff for quite awhile but they usually post interesting cases involving the LEs, usually runners. Some things they mention can be a bit questionable, but overall, I feel it is worth looking at if you have time. They also produce podcasts.

“Shift movement science”: Dave Tilley works with Mike Reinold at Champion PT and specializes in rehabing and preventing injuries in young gymnasts. I don’t really see any gymnasts but some of the topics he talks about can easily be considered with general ortho patients and I find it interesting.

Erik Lineberry
      Participant

I do not have any additional podcasts or blogs that I use frequently, but here are a couple of tools I like for finding and pushing articles:

Google Scholar Button

Read by QxMD

Scholar button is an extension for google and add-on for firefox (maybe other browsers if you like safari or EI for whatever reason) that will automatically search for links and pdfs of any article you highlight. You can also add libraries you have access too so it can pull from these sources. It has been a huge time saver for me when I have been trying to find full text for something I come across on the interweb.

Read by QxMD is another aggregator of journals and articles that has a nice look app associated with it. Now that Eric showed us the PubMed and RSS tricks I’m not sure how much I’ll use it, but it has been helpful in the past with letting me know when new articles are published in journals I follow and with topics I have subscribed to.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.