shoulder impingement

Home Forums General Discussion Forum shoulder impingement

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sarah Bosserman
      Participant

Hi all! I just thought this was an interesting read about conservative treatments for shoulder impingement. It’s a systematic review published in BJSM in June 2017. Any thoughts?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Jennifer Boyle
      Participant

Hey Sarah, I think this is a great article that looks into all of the available conservative treatments available to patients with SIS. This article helps confirm that the conservative interventions we are responsible for as Physical Therapists have been proven to be more effective than the control. Although most of the treatments being looked at are categorized as a low level of evidence to back this up, it is still a means of reference for potential interventions. I particularly think this article is a good pairing with the weekend radiology course we have this weekend. During day one of this course Dr. Gail Deyle expressed that RTC repairs typically have the same outcome as conservative treatment methods. This study enables us to use a mix of these interventions in hopes of getting the same recovery results and eliminating surgical intervention.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.