On Saturday, March 30th, the VCU DPT program is excited to have Kristin Kelley, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT present “Linking Clinical Neurodyanmics with Outpatient Orthopedic Physical Therapy Functional Rehabilitation and Manual Therapy.” This continuing education course will provide the outpatient orthopedic PT with an understanding of how to evaluate neurodynamic connections with musculoskeletal disorders and how to integrate manual therapy with neurodynamic functional rehabilitation. The goal of the course is to give outpatient physical therapists a better ability to understand and incorporate the functional nervous system with their daily patient care. This course will offer 6 contact hours! The price is $150 for clinicians and $25 for students. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. All proceeds from this course will support the VCU PT program in the 2018-2019 Pitt-Marquette Challenge in raising funds for the Foundation for Physical Therapy Research.
To register or learn more information about the course and the instructor, please visit: https://guestli.st/597387
Questions? Please contact Adrienne Lewis, email@example.com
SAVE THE DATE!
“Direct Access and Medical Screening: The Sherlock Holmes Approach”
Speaker: William Boissonnault PT, DPT, DHSc, FAAOMPT, FAPTA
When: February 22nd 2019 11:00 am-5:00 pm
5.5 CEUs will be awarded for attendance
Where: Scholar Plaza, Leesburg, VA and simulcast to the Health Professions Building, Winchester, VA.
Upon completion of the session the student/participant will be able to:
- compare and contrast the therapist’s role and responsibilities to that of physicians associated with the differential diagnosis/medical screening process.
- integrate the medical screening principles into an efficient and effective patient examination scheme.
- evaluate history and physical examination findings (red flags), and decide whether communication with a physician is warranted regarding a patient’s health status, and indications for imaging.
- employ strategies to facilitate professional communication between therapist and physician and therapist and patient; including when, how and what to communicate as part of a patient referral.
- describe the risk factors, pathogenesis and clinical manifestations of selected medical conditions – causes of back pain.
- effectively pursue additional information associated with differential diagnosis by the therapist.
Cost: Alumni and Clinical Education Partners: $75
All others: $100 (Proceeds will support the Foundation for Physical Therapy’s Marquette Challenge)
Registration: For additional information, contact Jill Boissonnault @ firstname.lastname@example.org More info to follow!
VOMPTI is excited to announce that we are teaming with Shenandoah University to bring in Lorimer Moseley to present a weekend course on the Biology of Pain.
Date: September 21-22, 2019
Location: Shenandoah University, Winchester Va
More information to come!!!!
We are excited to announce that the Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy Series for 2019-2020 will be in Reston, Va at Virginia Therapy and Fitness Center. Registration is now open!
Click here for more information
Click here to register
Applications for the 2019-2020 residency class are now being accepted. Click here for more information about our residency program and click here for the application.
We have finalized many of the continuing education courses coming up for 2018. Check out the continuing education course calendar for more specifics. The calendar is continually being updated as dates and locations are finalized so check back.
Click here to sign up for our email list. You will receive our bi yearly newsletter as well as continuing education course announcments.
We have added a new feature to the website…monthly resident research reviews. Each month the residents will select a recent article to review from journals with high impact factors. Click here to check them out